BHR Crisis Hotline
Established in 1995, Behavioral Health Response is a private not-for-profit corporation that is the hub for an Access Crisis Intervention (ACI) system that provides 24-hour access to mental health services to the residents of the city of St. Louis, Missouri, and the counties of St. Louis, St. Charles, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, Warren, Iron, St. Francois, and Washington.
BHR provides confidential telephone counseling to people in mental health crises as well as mobile outreach services, community referral services, and critical incident stress management (CISM). BHR's crisis hotline and mobile outreach services are provided free of charge to the public by paid professional staff who have master's degrees in their respective behavioral science disciplines.
You can also find out more about our clients' rights and responsibilities here.
Please click here to read the Notice of Privacy Practices for the Eastern Region ACI System.
BHR, the community's behavioral health safety net, ensures compassionate and immediate barrier free access to behavioral health services.
We are committed to superior performance and strive to set the standards for quality.
We are committed to treating each other, our clients, our partners and our community with the utmost dignity, compassion and concern.
We are committed to conducting ourselves ethically and to being open and honest in all our interactions.
We are committed to providing services 24/7 and being open and accessible to all.
Ethics and Conduct
The continued success of BHR is dependent upon our customers' trust and we are dedicated to preserving that trust. Employees owe a duty to BHR, its customers, and stakeholders to act in a way that will merit the continued trust and confidence of the public.
The successful business operation and reputation of BHR is built upon the principles of fair dealing and ethical conduct of our employees. Our reputation for integrity and excellence requires careful observance of the spirit and letter of all applicable laws and regulations, as well as a scrupulous regard for the highest standards of conduct and personal integrity.
BHR's mission is to deliver expert crisis response and clinical call center services 24/7 worldwide. Every call is handled with compassion and care.
- Patricia Coleman - President & CEO
- Dr. Bart Andrews - Vice President Clinical Operations
- Carisa Hill - Chief Financial Officer
Board of Directors
- Wendy Orson (Chair), Vice President of Clinical Services - Hopewell Center
- Steve Huss (Vice Chair), President and CEO - Comtrea
- Laura Heebner, President and CEO - Crider Health Center
- Kim Gladstone, Vice President - BJC Behavioral Health
- Joe Yancey, Executive Director - Places for People
- Lara Pennington, Executive Director - Queen of Peace Center
- Mike Keller, Executive Director - Independence Center
- Mike Morrison, CEO - Bridgeway Behavioral Health